Timeline

  • 1958 Launched at the yard of Philip & Son Ltd, Dartmouth, delivered to Trinity House and placed on station at Saint Gowan, off the coast of Cornwall.

  • 1960s Served at various stations around the coast with a regular crew of nine people.

  • 1970s Major refit, including the removal of the mizzen mast and addition of a helideck for helicopter transfers of crews.

  • 1970s Deployed at final station at Dowsing, off the coast of East Anglia.

  • 1994 Retired from service by Trinity House and used as an Offshore Support Vessel and storage facility for light vessel parts. Moored on the River Stour at Harwich.

  • 1997 Sold to Sea Containers Ltd (Operators of Parkeston Quay ferry terminal).

  • 1999 Chartered to Tony O’Neil for restoration and first used as a mother ship for revival broadcasts of offshore radio, including Radio North Sea International off Clacton.

  • 2000 Radio Caroline, for one month off Harwich.

  • 2001 Radio Mi Amigo off Harwich.

  • 2002 Radio Mi Amigo and Harwich Community Radio.

  • 2002 Pharos Trust established as a charity to own, preserve and exhibit LV18.

  • 2004 BBC Radio Pirate Radio Essex, off Harwich.

  • 2007 BBC Radio Pirate Radio Essex, off Harwich.

  • 2008 Radio Sunshine, The Boat That Rocked movie.

  • 2009 BBC Pirate Radio Essex, Harwich Ha’penny Pier.

  • 2011 Opened as permanent visitor attraction on Harwich Quay.

  • 2012-2017 Radio Mi Amigo

  • 2017 BBC Pirate Radio Essex marking 50th anniversary of Marine Offences Act 

  • 2018 60th anniversary of the launch of the LV18